For much of us when we see a sign on the high street saying ‘fitflop sandals for sale’ we take a quick detour, keen to see what ‘this’ seasons colour or surface will be available in our cherished fitflop sandals. There are now many colours, metallic finishes, wedges, platforms and patterns offered, that for a number of us, fitflop sandals are ‘the’ shoe of the summer season and with them being fairly low-cost, we can’t get enough of them!
However where do these type of sandals originated from and how when did they ended up being so popular? Listed below I have actually noted some fascinating realities about fitflop sandals that you never ever knew!
1. They are the earliest kind of footwear. There are images from rock paintings of prehistoric man using a kind of toe thong!
2. There is evidence of these form of sandals as an item of footwear in a lot of civilisations. The funny thing though is that various civilisations often utilized various toes for the thong … The Greeks, for example, utilized the huge toe; the Romans, the 2nd toe; and the Mesapotanians, the 3rd toe!
3. They were called Flip Flaps up until the 1960’s.
4. In America, they first began to appear after World War II as soldiers brought Japanese ‘zori’ (their word for fitflop sandals) back from the war, as souvenirs.
5. They became popular in the United States after the Korean War of the 1950’s and were constructed of cheap rubber that triggered dreadful blisters!
6. As popular culture took hold, they were constructed of much better rubber products and appeared in intense colours. They were seen as ‘the’ footwear for a relaxed lifestyle near the beach. Later on they were embraced by hippies.
7. As an inexpensive product of shoes, kids quickly began to wear them to the pool and on vacation in bright colours with flowers and concepts adorning them.
8. In the 1990’s with a more relaxed environment in the work environment, fitflop sandals and their variations ended up being appropriate. Now there can be variations in soling and upper product, with platform soles and soles that declare to tone your leg and bottom muscles. These are all cashing in on the oldest form of footwear.
9. Sales figures are hard to come by, but it is estimated that worldwide fitflop sandal sales leading $20 billion, that’s more than the fitness instructor/ sneaker market!
10. The prolonged use of cheaper variations has actually been connected to all sorts of foot illness. Wearing soft rubber versions that offer some inner arch support and have shock absorbing qualities are far much better for the foot.
So, now you know a few of the key realities about these unique sandals! They have a fantastic history from simple starts to ending up being an around the world style device. Nevertheless, make certain not to let fashion dictate your choices entirely. Inexpensive variation can trigger damage to your feet so be sure to discover sandals made from good quality products and with well developed soles and assistance. In this way the success of the fitflop sandal will continue for many years in who understands exactly what type.!